Monday, January 4, 2010

Old chums recognized

While watching the Boise State vs. TCU college football bowl game, a player - No. 13 to be exact - scored a touchdown off an interception return.
I noticed something interesting. When the announcer said his name - Brandyn Thompson - I recognized it. He was a star player at Franklin High School in Elk Grove, a school I have filmed and covered this past season.

Thompson is a junior cornerback for Boise State who gave the Broncos a 7-0 early lead. He has five interceptions this year. It was interesting how easily he ran to the end zone without any interference by the opposite team. I wonder if anyone else immediately recognized him like I did.

Also, the Boise coach Chris Petersen is from Yuba City and UC Davis.

1 comment:

  1. Chase Baker - #97 starting nose guard for Boise is from Rocklin HS

    ReplyDelete